- This event has passed.
2021 Midyear Sales Tax Changes You Need to Know
September 15 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Last year’s unprecedented rate of change across the global economy greatly affected sales and use tax in the United States — and 2021 is continuing that trend. In the first half of the year, some states extended tax relief efforts, others adopted economic nexus laws, and still others started taxing digital advertisements. Even more changes are slated for the rest of the year. Join us and the tax experts at Avalara on Wednesday, September 15th to learn more about what’s changed in 2021, including recent midyear changes.
Key topics include:
- Tax exemption considerations by state
- Common nexus issues and recent updates
- Information on new tax obligations for digital products and advertising
- Details about liability resulting from increased marketplace sales
- Changes to sales tax sourcing rules
- Effects on the international market and changes to cross-border ecommerce compliance
- Sales tax changes from the first half of the year and resources to stay up to date for the rest of 2021